One Piece is the Straw Hat pirates story that has come from different characters and dynamics that were pre-established. It brings you fresh & exciting adventures together with some peculiar twists that are seen in every new story arc. By all means, the ever-changing story maintains the streamlined flow while the viewer inches to the end of the series. All of it has no sign of coming to an absolute halt. So, if you wish to watch all of the episodes and one piece movies in order, go for it.
The anime was first aired in 1999, and this 20-years old show has produced consistent content resulting in 20 seasons that comprise 980+ episodes and 14 One Piece movies to date and still is ongoing. To watch this series, one would take at least 18 days to finish it.
Considering the above, in this article, we have arranged all the One Piece movies in order. Hopefully, with the help of this article, you will be able to enjoy this anime to the fullest. Now without any further delay let’s start.
What is the One Piece?
One Piece is a Japanese Manga that has been well-written and perfectly illustrated by the Author Eiichiro Oda. This manga was serialized in the Shueisha’s Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine in 1997 July. In less than 2 years, this manga became fully-fledged anime series, and the first episode of it was aired on 20th October 1999. It is since then that this manga series has become one of the quite popular series in Japan. It sold 280 million+ volumes till 2012.
One Piece anime follows the story of Monkey D. Luffy, a monkey and his straw hat pirate crew that was rag-tag, who left on to the journey for helping Luffy to be the Pirates king, which was possible only after finding the treasure named One Piece which Gold Roger, the last Pirate king hid at Grand line’s (an island series which was separated from the world by the windless oceans wherein one cannot sail) end. This series can get bloody at times, but it is a great watch for the whole family. It has a great and quite compelling storyline which one will love to read as manga and watch all One Piece movies in the correct order.
One Piece Movies in Order of Release
Below we have arranged all the One Piece movies in order of their release. The last movie of this franchise was released in the year 2019. Now let’s have a look at the list.
1. One Piece: The Movie (2000)
2. Clockwork Island Adventure (2001)
3. Chopper’s Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals (2002)
4. Dead End Adventure (2003)
5. The Cursed Holy Sword (2004)
6. Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island (2005)
7. Giant Mecha Soldier of Karakuri Castle (2006)
8. The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta (2007)
9. Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom (2008)
10. One Piece Film: Strong World (2009)
11. Straw Hat Chase (2011)
12. One Piece Film: Z (2012)
13. One Piece Film: Gold (2016)
14. One Piece: Stampede (2019)
Also Read:- Jesse Stone Movies in Order to Watch
T.V. Series Release Order
Apart from the movies One Piece also has a T.V. series. This T.V. series is divided into different seasons. Till the time we are writing this article there are a total of 20 One Piece T.V. series seasons and the 20th one is still going on.
1. Season 1 (1999)
2. Season 2 (2001)
3. Season 3 (2001)
4. Season 4 (2001)
5. Season 5 (2002)
6. Season 6 (2003)
7. Season 7 (2004)
8. Season 8 (2005)
9. Season 9 (2006)
10. Season 10 (2008)
11. Season 11 (2009)
12. Season 12 (2009)
13. Season 13 (2009)
14. Season 14 (2010)
15. Season 15 (2011)
16. Season 16 (2013)
17. Season 17 (2014)
18. Season 18 (2016)
19. Season 19 (2017)
20. Season 20 (2019)
Other One Piece Release Orders
Below is the release order list of One Piece OVAs and Shorts & Specials. Let’s have a look.
One Piece Specials and Shorts Release Order
1. One Piece TV Special: Adventure in the Ocean’s Navel (2000)
2. Jango’s Dance Carnival (2001) – Short
3. Dream Soccer King (2002) – Short
4. One Piece: Open Upon the Great Sea! A Father’s Huge, HUGE Dream (2003)
5. One Piece: Protect! The Last Great Stage (2003)
6. Take Aim! The Pirate Baseball King (2004) – Short
7. One Piece: End-of-Year Special Plan! Chief Straw Hat Luffy’s Detective Story (2005)
8. ONE PIECE 3D! Trap Coaster (2011)
9. Episode of Nami: Tears of a Navigator and the Bonds of Friends (2012)
10. Episode of Luffy: Adventure on Hand Island (2012)
11. Episode of Merry: The Tale of One More Friend (2013)
12. 3D2Y (2014)
13. Episode of Sabo: The Three Brothers’ Bond – The Miraculous Reunion and the Inherited Will (2015)
14. One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia (2015)
15. One Piece: Heart of Gold (2016)
16. One Piece: Episode of East Blue: Luffy and His 4 Crewmates’ Big Adventure (2017)
17. One Piece: Episode of Sky Island (2018)
One Piece OVAs release order
1. Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack! (1998)
2. Romance Dawn Story (2008)
3. Strong World: Episode 0 (2009)
4. Glorious Island Part 1 (2012)
5. Glorious Island Part 2 (2012)
6. One Piece Film: Gold Episode 0 (2016)
7. ROMANCE DAWN (2019)
Also Read:- Naruto Movies In Order to Watch
One Piece Chronological Order
Now since we have seen all the watch orders from movies to OVAs, it is the right time to have a look at the chronological order. This order consists of different Arcs that will help you to understand One Piece anime in a better way. So without any delay let’s start.
East Blue Saga
- Romance Dawn Arc: Episodes 1-3
- Orange Town Arc: Episodes 4-8
- Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack!
- Syrup Village Arc: Episodes 9-18
- One Piece: The Movie
- Baratie Arc: Episodes 19-30
- Arlong Park Arc: Episodes 31-44
- Loguetown Arc: Episodes 45
- Buggy’s Crew Adventure Chronicles: Episodes 46-47
- Loguetown Arc Cont. : Episodes 48-53
- Clockwork Island Adventure
- One Piece TV Special: Adventure in the Ocean’s Navel
- Jango’s Dance Carnival
- Warship Island Arc: Episodes 54-61
- One Piece: Episode of East Blue: Luffy and His 4 Crewmates’ Big Adventure
- Reverse Mountain Arc: Episodes 62-63
- Whisky Peak Arc: Episodes 64-67
- Diary of Koby-Meppo: Episodes 68-69
- Little Garden Arc: Episodes 70-77
- Drum Island Arc: Episodes 78-91
- Dream Soccer King
- Arabasta Arc: Episodes 92-130
- The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta
- Chopper’s Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals
- Post-Arabasta Arc: 131-135
Sky Island Saga
- Goat IslandArc: Episodes 136-138
- Dead End Adventure
- The Cursed Holy Sword
- One Piece: Open Upon the Great Sea! A Father’s Huge, HUGE Dream
- Take Aim! The Pirate Baseball King
- Ruluka Island Arc: Episodes 139-143
- Jaya Arc: Episodes 144-152
- Skypiea Arc: Episodes 153-195
- One Piece: Episode of Sky Island
- G-8 Arc: Episodes 196-206
- Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island
Water 7 Saga
- Long Ring Long Land Arc: Episodes 207-219
- One Piece: Protect! The Last Great Stage
- Oceans Dream Arc: Episodes 220-224
- Foxys Return Arc: Episodes 225-228
- Giant Mecha Soldier of Karakuri Castle
- Water 7 Arc: Episodes 229-263
- Enies Lobby Arc: Episodes 264-290, 293-302, 304-312
- Boss Luffy Historical Specials: Episodes 291-292, 303, 406-407
- Post-Enies Lobby Arc: Episodes 313-325
- Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom
Thriller Bark Saga
- Ice Hunter Arc: Episodes 326-335
- Chopper Man Special: Episode 336
- Thriller Bark Arc: Episodes 337-381
- Spa Island Arc: Episodes 382-384
Summit War Saga
- Little East Blue Arc: Episodes 426-429
- One Piece Film: Strong World
- Straw Hat Chase
- ONE PIECE 3D! Trap Coaster
- Romance Dawn Story
- Sabaody Archipelago Arc: Episodes 385-405
- Amazon Lily Arc: Episodes 408-417
- Straw Hats Separation Serial Arc: Episodes 418-421
- Impel Down Arc: Episodes 422-425
- Impel Down Arc Cont. : Episodes 430-452
- Straw Hats Separation Serial Arc Cont. : Episodes 453-456
- Marineford Arc: Episodes 457-489
- Post-War Arc: Episodes 490-491
- Toriko Crossover: Episode 492
- Post-War Arc Cont. : Episodes 493-516
Fish-Man Island Saga
- Return to Sabaody Arc: Episodes 517-522
- Episode of Nami: Tears of a Navigator and the Bonds of Friends
- Fish-Man Island Arc: Episodes 523-541
- Toriko Crossover: Episode 542
- Fish-Man Island Arc Cont. : Episodes 543-574
- Zs Ambition Arc: Episodes 575-578
- Glorious Island Part 1
- Glorious Island Part 2
- One Piece Film: Z
- Episode of Luffy: Adventure on Hand Island
- One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
- Punk Hazard Arc: Episodes 579-589
- Toriko & Dragon Ball Crossover: Episode 590
- Punk Hazard Arc Cont. : Episodes 591-625
- Episode of Merry: The Tale of One More Friend
- Caesar Retrieval Arc: Episodes 626-628
- Dressrosa Arc: Episodes 629-746
- Episode of Sabo: The Three Brothers’ Bond – The Miraculous Reunion and the Inherited Will
Four Emperors Saga
- Silver Mine Arc: Episodes 747-750
- One Piece: Heart of Gold
- One Piece Film: Gold Episode 0
- One Piece Film: Gold
- Zou Arc: Episodes 751-779
- Marine Rookie Arc: Episodes 780-782
- Whole Cake Island Arc: Episodes 783-877
- Levely Arc: Episodes 878-889
- Wano Country Arc – Act 1 (890-916)
- Wano Country Arc – Act 2 (917-958)
- Anime 20th Anniversary special: Episode 907
- Wano Country Arc – Act 3 (Oden Kozuki Past) (959- still ongoing)
- Cidre Guild Arc: Episodes 895-896
- One Piece: Stampede
One Piece main characters
There are some main characters from One Piece anime who are loved by fans. These characters are,
1. Tony Tony Chopper
Of course, Luffy is the main character, but his lack of intelligence and attitude puts him off from the most likable character in the anime. Talking of Tony Tony Chopper, well, he is the beloved physician herein whose bleeding heart and is considered as most reliable and endearing. Even his skills with the syringe are great, and he is a dependable combatant, the battles of whom don’t appear like the underdog ventures. Chopper, for sure, is the crew’s young spirit who compliments the fantasy with amazing ears and eyes that are always excited for looking, listening, and cheering.
2. Monkey D. Luffy
He doesn’t have a good map understanding, but he does find the way around. He is the likable definition, and his magnetic personality is what helped him assemble the crew &, during the Marineford Saga, inspire the entire army. He has quite a classic and shonen vibe, which always inspires the fans with the strength, confidence, and dependability he has. Even his curiosity and playfulness make him quite a fun character in the anime. He might seem immature at times, but he does bring forward some surprising moments of showing wisdom.
He is another one on the top 3 likable characters list. Brook is the musician who had the advantage of being on a likable list as he used to travel and also entertain children all around the world. He is naturally seen attracting the crowd with his chivalry, outright silliness, and cavalier attitude. All of this makes him a bit jumbled combination character, but he has the gentleman skeleton, which makes it all work perfectly. His skull jokes, too, are iconic in the anime, and his songs, well, they make the anime an essential view for the fans. Apart from it all, he is also loyal and worth being a part of the crew.
TimeSkip Episode in One Piece
In One Piece, the timeskip episode is in episode number 517. This episode has been titled “A New Chapter Begins- The Straw Hat Crew Reunites! The story of it includes the 2-year skip of the time wherein the straw hat crew of Luffy are seen to be heading off to the train. This episode is known by all the fans of One Piece.
Even though the characters remain the same after the timeskip episode, the looks of the characters change. The characters also get a lot stronger, and after the timeskip episode, the Admirals and new Warlords too are introduced. The episode of Timeskip marks a new era beginning wherein the pirates and Luffy took over, and they started dominating the Grand Line.
How many episodes of One Piece are there?
As per the author of One Piece definitely, this anime was not expected to last this long. However, he has a lot of plans to give the anime a perfect end, with no loose ends. This might take some time, but the fans are already seen appreciating the methodical way used by Oda for finishing every single arc.
After the release of the 20th season of one Piece, there are in total 981 episodes in the one Piece. The anime has shown some great character development, and even the main plot is one of the best. It has quite a range of tones in which some are entertaining; some are light, dark, and even dramatic at times. So, if you are looking forward to a great watch, start without a thought.
When is one Piece ending?
When the release of the 100th volume of One Piece and it being celebrated, Eiichiro Oda, the creator, teased the series being near to its conclusion. This series has been anime’s staple since 1997, and the recent announcement made through the newspaper advertisement revealed Oda while drawing the manga and a statement that the story is finally at its final stage. Definitely, it isn’t the first time that the conclusion has been teased by Oda for the opus that has been long-running as in 2020 while in an interview with a Japanese boy band named Arashi, he stated that the series would come to an end in the upcoming 4-5 years.
1000th episode will be aired soon for the One Piece, and it will lead to further announcements about the series future and the debuts if there will be any.
Where can I watch One Piece in order?
If you want to watch all the One Piece movies in order then visit any popular stream platform where it is available dubbed or with subtitles. You also have the option to download and watch the show offline through Netflix, wherein the show is available with English subtitles, free of charge if you have the subscription package. There are also some other options available like Funimation, wherein one will need a premium plus subscription (per month charge is $7.99) or a premium plus ultra-subscription (per year the charge is $99.99); Crunchyroll, wherein one can view either as a mega-fan (per month charge is $9.99) or as an ultimate fan (per month charge is $14.99); Hulu, Tubi, and Pluto TV.
When does One Piece animation get good?
Within the anime, there is a change between the old and the new One Piece. This shows a lot of clarity than it was seen within the manga. So, if you are willing to know where does the One Piece animation gets good, well, the quality of it got better after the One Piece took a move to Bandal entertainment. There are also some big changes within the anime which one would love to continue with.
It is from the Arlong Park, which is episodes in between 31-44 that, according to many One Piece episodes took a proper pick-up. It hits some emotional highs, which one will not find in most parts of the series. It also shows a good jump after the manga starts, and it is herein that one gets well-acquainted with the characters of the anime. Some big changes are revealed after 517+ episodes which are called the post-timeskip & in the new world.
There is a very straightforward timeline in One Piece as per the viewers. But there are some arcs that have not been released in a chronological manner. So, anyone who is watching this anime for the first time, make sure to follow the release order without taking leaps in between the episodes. You will only be able to enjoy the story if you are watching it as such.
Hopefully, the above article was able to provide all the information about One Piece episodes and movies. But in case you still have any doubts, kindly connect with us, and we will assure to provide clarity over it. If not, enjoy the anime and keep recommending.